Software made for use with operational technology has a main goal of protecting remote connections between operators and OT environments (OT). Often, they are pieces of industrial equipment or technology that, if hacked, could pose both physical and digital dangers.
Businesses can use software that allows for secure remote access to manage users, give out credentials, and watch users’ behavior to find security risks and wrong usage. The program can also be used to manage user IDs and passwords. Traditionally, these devices have been managed by IT and security teams made up of people who have worked in complex industrial settings and know how to run them.
Recently, there has been an increase in the number of employees who work from home. This has led to an increase in the number of connected devices. Because of this, there is a growing need for companies to strictly control who has access to their critical infrastructure (OT).
Many security software packages for privileged access management (PAM) and the internet of things (IoT) have features that are similar to those of these systems. But, unlike OT secure remote access software, these solutions are not made to protect business operations that are essential to the company’s mission.
1. BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access
BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access (formerly known as Bomgar Privileged Access) can be used to secure, manage, and audit remote privileged access given to third-party suppliers and internal users without the need for a virtual private network (VPN).
With privileged remote access, your company can give more employees access to important resources without putting safety at risk. With this function, access from both outside vendors and users inside the company can be monitored and limited.
- Control who can do what and make sure the right people can do it by following the “least privilege” principle. – Control of Privilege Access.
- Standard network protocols, such as Remote Desktop Protocol, Virtual Private Network, Hypertext Transfer Protocol, and Secure Shell, can be used to manage and control sessions. Use the monitor sessions function to keep an eye on and manage sessions that are already going on.
- Cut down on the number of people who could be hurt. Implementing centralized monitoring, approval, and auditing of privileged accounts and limiting access to these accounts through a single channel are two of the best ways to reduce the number of possible entry points for an attack.
- Users never have to see or know plaintext credentials because the system can integrate with Password Management and use a single click to inject credentials directly into servers and systems. This will keep all credentials safe from harm. With this measure, credentials will always be kept in a safe place.
- Thanks to mobile apps and web-based consoles, you can play your game whenever you want and on any device you want.
- Audit and Compliance: You can create audit trails, session forensics, and other reporting tools by recording long sessions in real time or for later study. So, you might be able to meet audit standards. You could also give attestation reports to prove compliance.
2. Bayshore Networks OTaccess
Bayshore Networks is known as the best company for protecting IoT and industrial control systems from cyber attacks (IIOT). Our scalable ICS security platform comes with both hardware and software solutions to meet the needs of your growing business. The main goal of this platform is to make sure that industrial control systems are safe.
Claroty is an expert in industrial cybersecurity. Claroty is a reliable platform that helps clients find, secure, and manage their assets when it comes to operational technology (OT), the internet of things (IoT), and the industrial internet of things (IIoT).
The company’s whole platform can often work well with the systems and software that the customer already has. Plus, its total cost of ownership is much lower than that of its competitors, even though it offers a full set of industrial cybersecurity measures.
Visibility, finding threats, managing risks and weaknesses, and safe remote access are all examples of these kinds of protections. Claroty is used and supported by some of the biggest names in the industrial automation industry.
The group also has a large network of partners and a research staff that has won awards. The main office of the company is in New York City, but there are also branches in Latin America, Asia, and Europe. The company also has locations on every continent except Antarctica.
With Dispel, it is safe to access industrial control systems from afar.
Dispel’s platform, which is sometimes called OT infrastructure, has features like unified identity and access management (IAM), logging and session recording, disposable systems that protect against ransomware and malware, SD-WAN connections to facilities based on Moving Target Defense, and access control list (ACL) enforcement.
Other features include log and session recording, protection against ransomware and malware, log and session recording, disposable computers, and an SD-WAN connection to facilities.
Operators in OT industries like utilities, manufacturing, and others need to control who can get into their systems and make changes. Administrators can have this kind of control over the whole Dispel remote access platform.
HMS Networks is a company that connects hardware and software. Our team makes tools that allow machines from different industries to connect and share data.
You may also read:
- 5 Most Effective Firewall Hardware Devices
- 5 Best Deception Technology Platforms For IT Infrastructure Security
- The 5 Most Useful IoT Development Tools
- Top 5 Connected Worker Platforms You Need To Know
- Top 5 Best Managed Hosting Providers
- 5 IoT Operating Systems To Use in 2023
- Top 5 Cloud Edge Security Solutions
- Top 5 Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) Softwares
- List Of 5 Best Service Mesh Tools For Microservices
- 5 BEST IoT Connectivity Management Softwares